Food Pantry Listings
For additional resources, please use the Findhelp.org search bar below:
Need Food Assistance Resources in Prince George’s County?
Click on one of the 7 languages to view or download a comprehensive guide for resources in PGC!
If you need more help finding food, please call 2-1-1.
211 is a free social services hotline. A representative can help you find the resources you need.
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides low-income individuals and families with grocery money that can be used at most grocery stores and farmers’ markets. Apply for SNAP online at dhs.maryland.gov/benefits or by calling 1-800-332-6347.
- Maryland Hunger Solutions can help residents complete and submit SNAP applications over the phone, submit any changes to active SNAP cases, answer questions about benefits, and direct residents to additional food resources. Please visit their website or call them at 866-821-5552.
- The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides federal grants to states for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. For information on how to apply, visit the website or call the toll-free number 1-800-242-4942.
- The Prince George’s County Department of Social Services’ Emergency Food Assistance Program acts as a clearinghouse for the distribution of donated food. Over 30 local community pantries and shelters currently participate in the program. All food is provided to eligible individuals and families free of charge. Please visit the website or call 301-909-6343 for resources.
- SHARE Food Network is a nonprofit and community-based organization that promotes healthier families and stronger communities. They are a volunteer network providing sustainable access to healthy, discounted food for everyone on a monthly, non-emergency basis. Please see their 2021 calendar for scheduled distributions. SHARE also provides assistance with SNAP applications in the State of Maryland. For more information, please visit their website.
- Meals on Wheels provides hot meals to seniors. Residents of Northern Prince George’s County should contact Meals on Wheels of Central MD to enroll. Residents of the cities of College Park, Greenbelt, Beltsville, Berwyn Heights and Adelphi should contact Meals on Wheels of College Park, MD to enroll. Residents of Takoma Park should call (301) 434-1922. Residents of Cheverly should call (301) 618-3930.
- Capital Area Food Bank maintains a Hunger Lifeline and a food and assistance search tool for your zip code. They have identified several partners to serve as Community Hubs to help distribute food. The four Community Hubs identified in the County include St. Stephen Baptist Church; Fountain Community Enrichment; Shabach Empowerment Center; & Galilee CDC. See their website for the details of their distributions.
- Food and Friends provides meals, groceries, and nutrition counseling to people living with life-challenging illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, cancer and poorly controlled diabetes. They serve the entire county. Apply for support here.
Do you see something missing? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.